Buddha Bowl With Asian Honey And Lemon Dressing Recipe
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: East Asian
Buddha Bowl With Asian Honey And Lemon Dressing Recipe is a vegan recipe that is inspired from the food of Tibetan monks, and hence named, Buddha bowl. This bowl is aimed to achieve calmness even through the food that is consumed. This aids in the attainment of peace through the Buddhist way of life, is what is believed. The Tibetans prefer eating the set portion of non spicy plant based, dairy free boiled veggies, grains, fruits and nuts. I have made a homemade dressing as mildly spiced as possible, which you can opt to use or leave it completely, like done traditionally in the Buddha Bowl. I have loaded this bowl with steamed cabbage, carrot cucumber, apple, black berries with a light Asian honey and lemon dressing. You can fill your bowl with all your tasty rainbow coloured fruits and vegetable favorites that are full of fiber, protein and vitamins and eat to be friendly with your blessed inner being that will only emit calming happy vibes all around you. My recipe is enough to feed one person for a single meal plan, you may add up more to make multiple bowls of goodness in desired quantity. Perfect to inspire your health routines as a meal after yoga or just anytime of the day but mainly before evening.
- ½ Carrot , sliced
- 1 cup Cabbage , shredded
- ½ Cucumber , sliced
- ¼ cup Green Moong Sprouts
- ¼ cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight, pressure cooked al dente
- ½ Apple , sliced
- 5 Blackberries
- 2 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- Black pepper powder , to taste
- Salt , to taste
- To begin making Buddha Bowl With Asian Honey And Lemon Dressing Recipe, clean all the fruits and vegetables, and pat dry the veggies a bit, so that they wont retain any excess water.
- Also prep the chickpeas by cooking in pressure cooker till al dente.
- Cut the carrot, cucumber, apple in thin slices. Finely shred the cabbage.
- Also heat a vegetable steamer and steam the shredded cabbage for about 5 minutes or till cooked al dente. Keep it aside.
- Keep the lentil sprouts, boiled chick peas in two different bowls.
- Take a small glass mixing bowl and stir in sesame oil, lemon juice, honey, nigella seed, salt. Mix well till combined.
- Take the bowl and arrange the fruits and vegetables, chickpeas in your desired artistic style.
- Sprinkle the dressing all over on top or serve the remaining dressing in a separate sauce bowl.
- Serve Buddha Bowl With Asian Honey And Lemon Dressing Recipe on its own immediately, with the optional homemade dressing suggested in the recipe. You can serve a glass of Cantaloupe (Melon) Juice Recipe or Gooseberry Ginger Detox Health Drink Recipe along.
Please follow and like us: