Prawns In Thai Creamy Ginger Coconut Sauce Recipe
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Side Dish
We all love to eat prawns, my favourite is cooking it in thai sauce. It is simple and easy to cook. This recipe includes cream, coconut milk and ginger to make the creamy gravy. The sweet aroma of basil, the tangy lime flavour and the use of fish sauce makes all the difference to coat the prawn and enhance its taste. A must try for all seafood lovers during this monsoon season.
- 200 grams Prawns
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Fresh cream
- 5 Basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , paste
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 2 Fresh Red Chilli
- ¼ teaspoon Fish sauce
- 2 Lime Wedges
- Coriander leaves (Dhania), handful
- 2 Tomatoes
- Red Yellow and Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum) , chopped into chunks
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass
- 1 Lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- ¼ Water
- Salt , to taste
- To begin making the Prawns In Thai Creamy Ginger Coconut Sauce, firstly clean the prawns nicely.
- Heat a saucepan with sesame oil and add ginger, garlic, lemongrass, fresh red chilli, and salt to fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns, fish sauce, coconut milk, water, bell pepper and cook for 7 minutes or so.
- After 7 minutes, add tomato, basil, coriander leaves and salt. Garnish with cream, coriander leaves and lime wedges. Serve hot.
- Serve Prawns In Thai Creamy Ginger Coconut Sauce along with Steamed Rice and Thai Som Tum for a weekend meal.
Please follow and like us: