In association with 24mantra ORGANIC
Tex - Mex Corn Dahliya Cake
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Side Dish
Prepared with 24mantra ORGANIC ingredients.
- 1 cup Corn Dahliya
- ¼ th cup Onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon Parsley Leaves chopped
- 1 Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 3 Garlic pods chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 Green Chilly chopped
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive Oil
- ¼th teaspoon Nigella seeds
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilly Paste
- Few drops of Tobasco sauce
- 1 /2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 31/2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon each of Onion, Tomato,Red Pepper, Green Pepper.
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice, Tomato Ketchup.
- ½ teaspoon Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- To make the Tex- Mex Corn Dahliya Cake, first wash the dahliya.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil and fry the ginger, garlic , green chilly, red chilly paste,nigella seeds, salt and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add dahliya and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add water and cook for 20-30 minutes with lid closed until fully cooked.
- Stir fry dry till it sticks the back of spoon. abpout 5 minutes.Check for salt.
- Finally add all the chopped herbs,tobasco and lemon juice.
- Pick a big glass bowl and brush oil, pour the dahliya mixture and press levelling the top.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes or more.
- Take a serving platter and cover the dahliya bowl,now turn over the bowl so the cake comes out upside down.
- Meanwhile prepare the salsa by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Top the dahliya cake with salsa.
- Serve the slices hot or cold .
Please follow and like us: