In association with Naturanna Organic Foods https://www.facebook.com/Naturanna-841722299199211/
Stuffed Parwal Mithai
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Dessert
A dairy free organic dessert recipe to make for this Diwali from Naturanna Organic Foods. Use brown or palm sugar instead for a healthier option. Only Naturanna Organic Foods, ingredients are used in this recipe.
- 10 Pointed Gourd/ Parwal
- 2 cups Water
- 11/4th cup Sugar
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- 11/2 cup Jaggery Powder
- 2 Green Cardamom powder
- First, wash the parwals, cut both ends and scrub the surface of this vegetable with a sharf knife also prick the skin with tooth pick. Scoop out the seeds of parwal carefully with the back of a spoon.
- Heat a big saucepan, and boil sugar, water, bay leaf and 2 green cardamoms.
- Add the parwals and cook until soft for about 30 minutes or more.
- Pick the parwals from sugar syrup , set aside.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan and melt the jaggery powder, add the grated coconut and cardamom powder, stir continuously till a sticky consistency is formed.
- Stuff the parwals with coconut mixture one by one. Dip the parwals once more in sugar syrup and serve on serving plates.
Please follow and like us: