Asian Carrot Ginger Lentil Soup
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Soup
Asian Lentil Soup is a healthy recipe with full of protein and fiber contents. If you are a traveller or have to depend on eating most of the meals from outside then lentil soups from soup menu are best alternatives. Asian vegetables and the broth that well tempered in sesame oil with a spoonful of soya sauce is the magic behind the transformation in taste. Apart we all can cook this variation for making daily lentil dish. It is simply delicious and children will love to eat as nutritious soup meal if you add a cup of rice in it.
- ½ cup Mixed lentils
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 1 Celery
- 2 inch Ginger , sliced
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli
- 2-1/2 cup Vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 2 Spring Onions (Scallion)
- Salt , to taste
- To begin making the Asian Carrot Ginger Lentil Soup recipe, wash the lentil and soak for 5 minutes.
- Cut the vegetables in chunks and the scallion into long thin strips. Heat a medium saucepan with oil, ginger, red chilli and sesame seed. Let it cook for about 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, add the celery and onions fry for a minute. After a minute, add rest of the vegetables. Mix it properly and let it cook for another minute.
- After a minute, add the water and lentil. Let it fully cook until the grains start to break. Add soya sauce and salt. Pour the soup in a big soup bowl and garnish with scallions on top.
Please follow and like us: