Hariyali Dum Aloo
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Dinner
A fine Punjabi recipe is enjoyed all over India and abroad just because of its simplicity in making. This recipe is not oily and spicy but rich in taste and aroma. A classic dum aloo dunked in a Spinach based gravy makes for a delicious and healthy meal.
- 4 Potato (aloo) , boiled and cubed
- 2 Green Chilli
- 3 cups Baby spinach
- ½ cup Coriander leaves (Dhania)
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- ⅛ teaspoon Garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 2 Fresh Red Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , paste
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 4 teaspoon Cooking oil
- ¾ cup Water
- Salt , to taste
- To begin making the Hariyali Dum Aloo, first boil potatoes with salt in a sauce pan with a lid. Once cooked, peel the skin and cut into small 2 inch cubes.
- Next, add spinach, coriander leaves, green chilli and water in a blender and make a paste out of it.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Add the boiled and cubed potatoes and fry them till golden crust forms on surface. Keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, garlic and red chillies. After 30 seconds, add teh ginger paste. Once the ginger paste is cooked (this will take 2 minutes), add the spinach puree, garam masala powder and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add potatoes, garam masala powder and cook for 2 minutes more. Add salt according to your taste and serve hot.
Please follow and like us: