Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Lunch
Murgh Malaiwala recipe is a perfect combination of marinated and roasted chicken pieces in rich malai and milk gravy. The recipe name sounds so royal so just think of the rich royal taste of the whole preparation. Here desi ghee is used for frying onions but for few the whole cooking is done without the use of oil or ghee but tastes equally good. The nutty flavor of almond and the cardamom is the secret to the chicken fries. The methi flavour of the creamy and milky gravy is an additional aroma enhancer. Include this recipe for weekend and party menu, and serve with butter naan.
- 500 gram Chicken , cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoon Ginger , paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , paste
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon Almonds , paste
- ½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1 Onion , sliced
- ½ cup Fresh cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Cardamom Powder
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 4 teaspoon Ghee
- To begin making the Murgh Malaiwala recipe, firstly clean and wash the chicken pieces and dry it. Soak kasuri methi leaves in ¼th cup of water in a small bowl.
- Take a big bowl and add chicken, salt, pepper and mix it well. Refrigerate it for about 2 hours or more.
- After 2 hours, add garlic, ginger, lemon juice, almond paste and 2 tablespoons cream into the chicken and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with ghee. Add cardamom powder and onions in the pan and let it cook till the onions become soft and translucent.
- Next, add the marinated chicken pieces and let it cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add in the cream and milk with cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
- Boil stirring occasionally till the chicken pieces are fully cooked and semi thick gravy consistency is formed. Strain the methi leaves and sprinkle on the gravy and stir it well. Switch off the gas, cover the pan and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Please follow and like us: