Pumpkin Orzo And Kale Soup
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Soup
The flavors are built in this soup with the sweetness of pumpkin and the fresh herbs, the winter veggie addition of Kale and the Italian Orzo supplies the carbohydrate. Hearty and light soup for those who search for vitamin and mineral based recipes to support their daily nutritional intake. Fresh chicken broth will enhance the taste and will add to the extra protein balance. Serve this hot soup anytime especially for dinner with garlic bread.
- 3 cups Kale leaf chunky chops
- 1 cup Orzo Pasta
- 2 cup Pumpkin Cubes
- 2White Onion
- 4 Garlic
- 2 Tomato
- 2 Celery Stalk
- 4 cups Chicken/Vegetable Broth
- 3 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar(opt)
- Few Parsley chops
- 3 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- To make the kale soup, first clean the kale leaves, trim off the hard steam from centre of each leaf, now roughly chop it.
- Cut the pumpkin, celery and onion in cubes.
- Slice the tomato in two halves.
- Heat a saucepan with water and cook the orzo following the package direction. Strain the water.
- Heat a medium saucepan with oil , pumpkin for 5 minutes then fry the onions for few minutes along with celery.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, add the orzo and vinegar.
- Add the seasoning, tomato and kale leaves.
- Cook for 2 minutes and garnish with parsley.
Please follow and like us: