Raw Mango Vegetable Curry
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Lunch
Before the supply ends cook up with some raw mango to serve this dish with rice and roti . We all prepare mixed vegetable curries but have you ever tried to add raw mangoes in it? This recipe is simple and can be prepared for lunch or dinner. Comfort food is what we need to eat to stay cool and build up the resistance to fight the heat for this summer, and nothing compares to this king of fruits which can actually help us.
- 1 cup Curd
- 5 teaspoon Moong Dal/lentils
- ¼ th cup Carrot
- 1 Tomato
- 1/ 2 cup Cauliflower florets
- ½ cup Raw Mango
- 1//4th cup Green Peas
- 100 grams Paneer
- Few Onion pieces
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- ¼th Fennel seed
- ⅛th teaspoon Black Mustard seed
- ¼th teaspoon Shah Jeera
- ¼th teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 Green Chilly
- 3 teaspoon Oil
- Coriander Leaves (opt)
- Garam Masala Powder (opt)
- Few cubes of ripe Mango for garnish (opt)
- ¼th teaspoon Roasted Jeera Powder
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- At first clean and cut the vegetables in cubes except onion, half boil or steam the vegetables for few minutes in boiling water then strain and set aside.
- Cut the tomato and paneer in cubes, set aside.
- Beat the curd and chilli powder to creamy texture.
- Heat a pressure cooker with washed moong dal/lentils, water and raw mango.
- Cook up to 2 whistle and stop the flame.
- Now heat a heavy bottomed frying pan with oil, temper with asafoetida, green chilli, fennel seed , mustard seed, shah jeera for few seconds, next mix in ginger paste and 1 teaspoon water.
- Add the vegetables , salt and boiled moong dal with mango. Stir well to mix for few minutes.
- At last add the tomato, onion, curd mixture and roasted jeera powder, cook for few minutes on low flame.
- Check for seasoning. Transfer in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with paneer cubes and coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Please follow and like us: