Smoked Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pao
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Snack
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Pao is a fusion recipe and high in continental flavors with dill, organic red jalapeno , caramelized onion and cream cheese. The natural mild heat of jalapeno pairs so well with the cream cheese that you can't wait to take the next bite. Here the Indian bread 'Pao' is the base ingredient. Name any way you wish the end result is awesome with the cheesy, creamy onion as bread spread or open sandwich. The multi nutritional health benefits of the Superfood Jalapeno comes in a super package. Learned from the works of Nutritionists, that it helps to fight against Cancer, improves immunity and nervous system, loaded with Vitamin C and B, as well low in calories. So we must teach ourselves how to incorporate this ingredient in our diet to maximise our immunity power. The recipe is so simple anyone should be able to make it , be it for a party or evening snack or for quick lunch pack.
- 1 Indian Pao bread
- 5 Organic Red Jalapenos
- 2 Red Onion
- 200 grams Britannia Cream Cheese
- Few sprigs of fresh Organic Dill leaves
- ¼th teaspoon White Pepper
- A handful of any Salad Leaves of your choice
- 2 teaspoon Parsley
- 2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Few extra Pickled Jalapeno Peppers( readymade) for garnish and extra heat.
- At first wash the vegetables and dry it naturally.
- Brush oil on jalapeno peppers and burn the outer layer directly on medium flame turning once after one minute for each side. Cool it. Now remove the burnt skin.
- Cut the red jalapenos in thin circles.
- Mix salad leaves and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Chop the parsley leaves and dill, slice the onions lengthwise.
- Heat a frying pan with oil and add the onions to fry till slightly caramelized. Stop the flame.
- Lay the pao bread on serving platter, spread cream cheese on the top or connecting sidelines of pao.
- Top it with onions and jalapenos , sprinkle white pepper and herbs.
- Garnish with extra pickled jalapeno slices and dill leaves.
Please follow and like us: