Sweet Corn And Capsicum Gravy
Author: Ruby Pathak
Corn and Capsicum are one nice pair to make a pure vegetarian dish. The simplicity of yogurt cashew based gravy makes for a delicious combination. Kids will love the natural sweetness of the two vegetables and it makes for quite a colourful plate. It is healthy, nutritious and digestive friendly recipe for your whole family to feel light and good for the entire day.
- 1 cup Sweet corn
- 1 Red Yellow and Green Bell Peppers (Capsicum)
- 2 Onions , medium sized
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , paste
- ½ cup Yogurt (Curd)
- 2 tablespoon Cashew nuts
- 1 cup Water
- 4 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- Salt , to taste
- To begin making the Sweet Corn And Capsicum Curry, first soak the cashews in warm water.
- Heat a kadai with 2 teaspoons oil, add onion and ginger and let it cook till the onion turns soft.
- Once the onions turns soft, add the tomatoes, and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy and soft. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Once it cools down, add the tomato onion mixture, cashews, curd ,1 cup water in a mixer grinder and blend it to fine paste.
- Reheat kadai with oil, add the cumin seeds and stir for a minute. Add the cashew, onion and tomato mixture
- Stir continuously for 5 minutes. Add the corn and capsicum to the mixture.
- Add salt and stir the mixture and turn off the flame, keep it covered for a minute or two to settle it down.
- Serve hot with parathas and salad after garnishing with cashews.
Please follow and like us: