Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Side Dish
Posto Bhat or raw poppy seed paste mixed with cooked rice, is a very tasty dish of bengali cuisine. Love to eat occasionally at the beginning of a weekend lunch or just whenever we feel for it and will satisfy your appetite to feel sleepy very soon. The aroma of fresh green chilly and mustard oil with poppy seed paste is extremely delicious. Make it more spicy to bring out the authentic recipe taste.
- 4 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- ½ cup Water
- Salt , to taste
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 Dry red chilli
- 11/2 teaspoon Mustard oil
- 4 cups Basmati rice , cooked
- To make the poppy seed rice, first take a bowl and wash and soak the seeds in water for few hours or overnight.
- Make the paste using mortar and pestle with half cup of water or less adding salt, red and green chillie.
- Once done put it in a serving bowl and add mustard oil.
- Take a big bowl and slowly mix the entire paste with the cooked rice. Check for salt.
- Serve hot posto bhat on lunch plates or serve few spoonfuls of paste on the side of served rice for each plate.
Please follow and like us: