Balsamic Glazed Eggplant Feta Rollatini
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Appetizer
Eggplant Rollatini is an Italian inspired vegan dish, made with feta cheese and marinara sauce. This dish is easy to prep and even quicker to prepare. A traditional rollatini is oven roasted, but in this recipe we are pan frying the eggplant to cook it. We have also added tomatoes and olives as a stuffing along with the feta cheese to make a more interesting dish.
- 2 Eggplant (Brinjal)
- 100 grams Feta Cheese
- ½ cup Marinara sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , chopped
- 1 Basil leaves , chopped
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 2 Red Radish
- 4 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Black olives , chopped
- Sea salt , to taste
- To begin making make Balsamic Glazed Eggplant Feta Rollatini Recipe, wash the eggplants and cut lengthwise into thin long stripes. Use only the slices of equal lengths.
- Take a platter, lay the slices and sprinkle 1 teaspoon oil, oregano and sea salt. Rest for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl crumble or grate the feta cheese and mix with chopped black olives.
- Now heat a pan with some oil and carefully fry both sides of eggplant slices on low flame for 3-4 minutes until it cooks and lay it back on the platter. Switch off the flame.
- Spread equally the feta cheese and marinara sauce on all the slices along with chopped basil leaves and tomato. Roll the eggplants into a cylinder.
- Heat a frying pan and fry for few minutes on both side on low flame. Add a few drops of Balsamic Vinegar on top of the eggplant slices.
- Slice fresh radish and sprinkle some sea salt on it.
- Lay on serving platter with garnished radish salad on sides and serve it warm.
Please follow and like us: