One Pot Spiced Beetroot Rice
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Lunch
If you are looking for an easy one pot super nutritious quick vegan meal then you must give a try to this recipe. It can be your favorite super easy lunch pack for your kids and your whole family for a very busy schedule. Here the multi beneficial spice Nigella seed is added to score for the mild taste and extra nutrition. This pink color rice can be the kids most wanted dish in the menu list along with the garnish of edible mustard flower
- 4 cups Cooked Basmati Rice
- 4 cups Beetroot
- 2 teaspoon Nigella/Kalonji seed
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Few Mustard Flower for garnish
- 2 tablespoon chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Green Chilli
- 3 teaspoon Oil
- 2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- At first wash the beetroot, peel off the skin and grate it.
- Cool the cooked basmati rice.
- Heat a wok with oil, add nigella seeds and the green chillies.
- Add the beetroot, turmeric and salt, toss it well for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil and cover till fully cooked.
- Stop the flame with little gravy left at the bottom.
- Toss in the rice and check for seasoning.
- Serve warm on dinner plate with mustard flower,coriander leaves and nigella seed for garnish.
Please follow and like us: