Spinach N Cottage Cheese Pasta
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Main
Homemade freshly cooked pasta with spinach and cottage cheese recipe follows a trendy and healthy line of Italian love for incorporating simple seasonal ingredients in their everyday food preparation. Here edible nutritious mustard flower is added, as it is available now in our local market and can best paired with a new twist for colour garnishing. Enjoy with your whole family for weekdays dinner.
- 2 cup Pasta
- 3 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 11/2 cup Homemade Tomato Puree
- 2 teaspoon Tomato paste
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 5 Garlic pods chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Few Basil Leaves chopped
- 4 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Homemade Cottage Cheese
- Few Edible Mustard Flowers
- At the very beginning of this recipe, cook the pasta in salted boiling water as per package. Reserve some boiling water for later use for later addition in case the pasta gets too dried .
- Chop the parsley, basil, onion and garlic.
- Heat a medium saucepan with oil and melted butter, add the italian herbs.
- Fry the garlic and onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till three fourth of the quantity is left.
- Season with salt and add the tomato paste
- Add the pasta and coat well with the sauce for a minute.
- Mix the spinach and stir for 4 minutes or less.
- Garnish with crumbled cottage cheese, pepper, basil and parsley on top.
- Serve hot on pasta platter with numbers of mustard flower of your choice.
Please follow and like us: