Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Breakfast
Horsegram is considered to be a super food and is a popular beneficial ingredient addition for recent times for almost in every recipe as far as applicable in our daily food chart. Horsegram dosa is an old recipe from South India for vegans as the lentil is high in protein content and pairs well as an alternative to urad dal. Savory Indian crepes with masala potato stuffing. Next time prepare the dosa batter with horse gram, power packed with iron, calcium and protein goodness for a healthy breakfast option.
- 2 cup Raw Rice
- 1 cup Horsegram
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seed
- Water to make batter
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Potato Stuffing:
- 4 Boiled Potato cubes
- 2 Onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seed
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 11/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 2Green Chilli
- ¾tth cup chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- First wash the rice and horsegram. Soak for 5 hours in water.
- Grind the rice and horsegram with ½ cup water and fenugreek seed. Keep the dosa batter in a deep vessel, cover it and let it ferment overnight for 10 hours.
- Now prepare the potato stuffing.
- Heat a frying pan with oil, temper with mustard seed, curry leaves and fry the onions.
- Add the turmeric and chilli powder, boiled potato cubes, green chilly and salt. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Reserve in a bowl.
- To prepare the dosa, mix the fermented batter with salt and water if required for few minutes before use. Check for seasoning.
- Heat the dosa tawa with 1 teaspoon oil, spread ¼th cup batter or less into a a circle shape on high heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the dosa upside down and fry for less than a minute.
- Take about ½ cup of potato stuffing, spoon it on one half portion of dosa, spread from both side.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Now cover the stuffing with the rest half portion of dosa.
- Serve hot dosa with tomato and coconut chutney.
Please follow and like us: