Slow Cooker Winter Supper Stew Recipe
Author: Ruby Pathak
Recipe type: Soup
Nature's bountiful produce for winter is a blessing for all of us. Nutritionists have given enough reason pointing to the medical importance of including colourful veggies in our daily diet. Keeping this in mind here is one very simple stew that can be served with assorted breads or like a soup to warm up in cold evening. Include in your everyday supper menu to get the full nutritional benefits to stay fit and healthy. We are sure you will love the taste of lightness of this winter stew.
- 2 Beetroot , cut into cubes
- 2 Carrot , cut into cubes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , cut into cubes
- 4 Potatoes (aloo)
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 2 Pearl onions (Sambar Onions)
- 6 Garlic pods
- 5 Whole Black Pepper Corns
- ½ teaspoon Ginger , paste
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- Coriander leaves (Dhania) , chopped (few)
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil , as required
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- Salt , to taste
- To begin making the Slow Cooker Winter Supper Stew recipe, first clean and cut all the vegetables. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add add bay leaf, pepper, garlic and ginger and let it cook for about a minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and vegetables except capsicum, close the lid and cook for upto 2 whistles.
- Open the lid add capsicum, coriander leaves and adjust the seasoning. Let it cook for one more minute and switch off the gas. Serve hot.
Please follow and like us: